Kurt Shaw & Company, Inc.
Pittsburgh Area Appraiser of Art, Antiques, Furniture and Personal Property
If you are downsizing, moving, or preparing to sell your items, you need an appraisal of art, antiques, furniture, and other items of appreciable value. This service will also help you decide whether to sell or keep items that you own.
We charge a 1-hour minimum for this service. It is best to have several items that you want appraised to make it worthwhile.
Kurt Shaw & Company, Inc. will provide a handwritten list of the appraised items and the associated fair market values. Please know, however, that this information is not to be used for insurance or estate purposes. This is only for informational purposes and is not a USPAP-compliant report.
Here's what you need:
• You should identify before our appointment the items that you wish to have appraised. Because we charge a 1-hour minimum for this service, you should ideally have several items in mind.
• Have a general idea of where the items you want appraised are located.
Here's what to expect:
• On-site appraisal of valuable items in your home or storage site
• A handwritten list of the appraised items with the estimated fair market values
• A list of resources to consider if selling the items
Jewelry, coins and stamps are outside the scope of appraisal services
Kurt Shaw & Company, Inc. does not buy or sell appraised items
Whether you have several items or a whole household of items that need to be appraised, call or text Kurt Shaw & Company, Inc. to discuss your needs.